Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Francisco Javier Cuadrado <francisco.cuadrado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:12:23 +0200
2010/10/18 Francisco Javier Cuadrado <francisco.cuadrado@xxxxxxxxxx>:
2010/10/4 Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>:
On 2010-09-28 12:03:58 +0200, Francisco Javier Cuadrado wrote:
I'm trying to configure an own RPM repository to use download on
demand, but I don't know how to do it, because into the OBS wiki[1]
there is only an example to use debian repository.

My repository is a classic repomd, like the Fedora repository.

First you need to download the "primary.xml.gz" file. Afterwards
uncompress it and store it to
Next you need to edit the project meta for instance via osc:
"osc meta prj <project> -e" and add the following:

<download baseurl="http://<url>/<path" metafile="primary.xml"
mtype="rpmmd" arch="<arch>" />

Choose "<path>" so that the rpms are located in

I've got a new doubt about DoD.

Can I have multiple primary files used into different download tags
but for the same architecture? For example:

<download baseurl="http://repo-1/"; metafile="primary-1.xml" arch="i586" ...
/>
<download baseurl="http://repo-2/"; metafile="primary-2.xml" arch="i586" ...
/>

No that's not supported at the moment. In this case the scheduler will
only consider the first <download /> tag. But you can "work around"
it:
- create a new project and add the second download tag to it
- afterwards you can include the new repo in your first project via
 "<repository>..."

Sorry for answering so late, but now I'm trying to create a project
using that explanation and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or I
didn't understand you.

I create a project with the following XML config:

<download arch="i586" metafile="primary.xml" mtype="rpmmd"
baseurl="......"/>
<repository name="standard">
   <path project="openSUSE.org:Fedora:12" repository="standard"/>
   <arch>i586</arch>
</repository>

But my project haven't got any build target, is my configuration wrong?

Thanks again.

Sorry for my previous e-mail, but I only have to wait, and then my
build target has appeared, I think OBS was updating something.

Marcus

Francisco Javier Cuadrado

SPAIN-CHINA-HONG KONG-POLAND

Spain Main: +34-910005436