Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Many idle instances, but plenty to do
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:32:29 -0400
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 15:20, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

now, that BS is running like a charm since days, is it to be expected,
that there are plenty idle instances (I counted 30 ATM for x86), while
there are about 14000 packages queued up, waiting to build?

I'm starring at the build monitor of my projects, and since yesterday
morning, there where probably about 15 jobs done, much more then 150
jobs left, and I'm actively withhold any additional activity..

Patience is a trait of character,
Pete

maybe dependencies? one at a time?
or maybe it's just rebuilding the same packages over and over again
(loop-building D:)

--
later, Robert Xu