Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to make mediawiki packages
  • From: Johannes Weberhofer <jweberhofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:40:03 +0200

Am 13.10.2010 09:17, schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2010, 16:39:49 schrieb Johannes Weberhofer:
Hello!

I'm currently trying to build new mediawiki packages which are FHS compliant.
I've nearly finished it, but I have one tiny problem:

Included in the sources there is one small tool which must be compiled and is
therefore architecture depended. Therefore the main package should go into a
noarch RPM, a small sub-package into an architecture specific RPM.

It seems, build support something like this since OSS 11.3, but only the other
way round: The sub-package can be noarch (which makes sense for docs I think).

yes

Do you see a way how to handle this problem nicely except splitting up the
package into two packages, one for the scripts, one for the binary?

You can name the main package "mediawiki-texvc" and make "mediawiki" a
subpackage.

Name: mediawiki-texvc
%package -n mediawiki
BuildArch: noarch
%description -n mediawiki

%files -n mediawiki

I thought so, too. Thanks for you response.

Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna