Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to make mediawiki packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:17:03 +0200
Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2010, 16:39:49 schrieb Johannes Weberhofer:
Hello!

I'm currently trying to build new mediawiki packages which are FHS compliant.
I've nearly finished it, but I have one tiny problem:

Included in the sources there is one small tool which must be compiled and is
therefore architecture depended. Therefore the main package should go into a
noarch RPM, a small sub-package into an architecture specific RPM.

It seems, build support something like this since OSS 11.3, but only the
other way round: The sub-package can be noarch (which makes sense for docs I
think).

yes

Putting the following into the spec:

Name: mediawiki
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch: noarch
%endif
%package texvc
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch: %{arch}
%endif

leads into
error: line 62: Only noarch subpackages are supported: BuildArch:      %{arch}

Do you see a way how to handle this problem nicely except splitting up the
package into two packages, one for the scripts, one for the binary?

You can name the main package "mediawiki-texvc" and make "mediawiki" a
subpackage.

Name: mediawiki-texvc
%package -n mediawiki
BuildArch: noarch