Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Questions on multi-platform building...
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:53:13 -0400
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 04:40, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2010, 17:50:24 schrieb Nelson Marques:
Hi,

 I've changed some of my .spec files to allow building in Fedora 13 in
OBS, and the results are quite nice, though there's a couple of things I
seek guidance:

 * How to make usage of rpmlint in Fedora builds? I've noticed that
rpmlint doesn't run for F13 builds. Is there anyway I can place the
rpmlint config file from Fedora and make it run through it?

It might be enough to add "Support: rpmlint" to your projects prjconf.

 * What is the problem with {?dist}? (the usual .fc13.). Though the
packaged built locally are generated properly the ones built on OBS do
not get the .fc13. Was this intended? (not much of an issue though).

hm, it is defined in prjconf of Fedora:13 project, so it should work.
We would need to debug that why it does not work.

you have %{?dist} in the Release place, yes?
You need to define in your prjconf: Release: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>%%{?dist}

 * How to add extra repositories? I'm not sure why, but qmake-qt4
package isn't being picked up for Fedora. How would one configure OBS to
grab packages from a Fedora Mirror ?

We don't want to have a moving target. Packages compiled agains Fedora:13
should
work with the latested updated packages, but also with a fresh, not updated
installation.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH

later, Robert Xu