[opensuse-buildservice] how to make mediawiki packages
  • From: Johannes Weberhofer <jweberhofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:39:49 +0200
Hello!

I'm currently trying to build new mediawiki packages which are FHS compliant.
I've nearly finished it, but I have one tiny problem:

Included in the sources there is one small tool which must be compiled and is
therefore architecture depended. Therefore the main package should go into a
noarch RPM, a small sub-package into an architecture specific RPM.

It seems, build support something like this since OSS 11.3, but only the other
way round: The sub-package can be noarch (which makes sense for docs I think).
Putting the following into the spec:

Name: mediawiki
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch: noarch
%endif
%package texvc
%if %{?suse_version} >= 1130
BuildArch: %{arch}
%endif

leads into
error: line 62: Only noarch subpackages are supported: BuildArch:      %{arch}

Do you see a way how to handle this problem nicely except splitting up the
package into two packages, one for the scripts, one for the binary?

Thank you and best regards,
Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer