Re: [opensuse-buildservice] An osc source validator shortcoming
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:49:04 +0200
On 10/08/2010 10:09 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Friday 08 October 2010 schrieb Dave Plater:

Hi, I just had libsndfile sr #49949 declined by factory due to changes
not being in strict chronological order. I think this slipped past the
osc source validator because there is libsndfile.changes and
libsndfile-progs.changes in the same package and I copied the one to the
other, meanwhile libsndfile-progs.changes had an additional entry when
the linked package was split off. It would be good if the source
validator had picked this up.

This strictly in order rule is reviewed case by case and source validation is
strict. So just document that you copied it over and I see no reason to
decline that - it just makes sense keep them in sync.

Greetings, Stephan

There was one extra changes item in the libsndfile-progs.changes file,
it would be nice if I could sync the two changes file and be sure of
acceptance. Then future upgrades wouldn't have this problem. As it
stands, I copied the changes files back from factory and then osc vc'd
them individually and then srd from home to mmlibs back to factory.
Regards
Dave P