Re: [opensuse-buildservice] creating a service?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 17:30:00 +0200
Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2010, 02:08:56 schrieb Dave Plater:
On 09/29/2010 10:31 PM, Robert Xu wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a source service to make my life easier (don't
think it would benefit anyone else), but I'm unsure of how to go about
that.
I know it's a bash script...
Are there any special variables or anything that I should be aware of?

Somebody who had a hand in designing it should schedule an irc question
time, about services.

Happy to do so, but I am away for some days now.

However, it is really simple, just place an executable (no matter if bash,
binary, ..)
as /usr/lib/obs/service/$NAME and add also an xml describing all its options
as
/usr/lib/obs/service/$NAME.service

There are multiple obs-service-* packages in openSUSE:Tools and
openSUSE:Tools:Unstable
project. You can of course also execute them local, either use

osc service run

with latest osc from openSUSE:Tools:Unstable or just run "osc build" to execute
the services.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH