Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:29:35 -0500
On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 02:57:25PM -0500, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

I just wrote a small patch to support the "update dod meta" feature.
If you set up an initial dod repo the scheduler downloads the
required metadata automatically. Additionally you can create a so
called "refreshdodmeta" event so that the scheduler updates the dod
metadata and cleans up the :full dir (removes unneeded binaries).

TODO:
* api support for the refreshdodmeta event (trivial)
* add download support for susetags and debmd (probably also trivial)
* support project meta changes (for instance update the dodmeta if
the <download /> tag has changed, remove binaries if the
<download /> tag is removed? etc.)

Feedback, objections to the patch/the current design are welcome:)

This is pretty nice. I'm due to rebuild my local dev instance, so I'll see if I
can fit some time in to try this patch. It sounds workable for what we do, ie.
cron rsync of update repos. We can update the repos and add a step to run the
refresh OBS too.
--
Michael