Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Francisco Javier Cuadrado <francisco.cuadrado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 13:30:15 +0200
Hi, again!

2010/9/28 Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>:
On 2010-09-28 12:03:58 +0200, Francisco Javier Cuadrado wrote:
I'm trying to configure an own RPM repository to use download on
demand, but I don't know how to do it, because into the OBS wiki[1]
there is only an example to use debian repository.

My repository is a classic repomd, like the Fedora repository.

First you need to download the "primary.xml.gz" file. Afterwards
uncompress it and store it to
Next you need to edit the project meta for instance via osc:
"osc meta prj <project> -e" and add the following:

<download baseurl="http://<url>/<path" metafile="primary.xml"
mtype="rpmmd" arch="<arch>" />

Choose "<path>" so that the rpms are located in

I've got a new doubt about DoD.

Can I have multiple primary files used into different download tags
but for the same architecture? For example:

<download baseurl="http://repo-1/"; metafile="primary-1.xml" arch="i586" ... />
<download baseurl="http://repo-2/"; metafile="primary-2.xml" arch="i586" ... />

And into /srv/obs/build/<project>/i586/:full I will have primary-1.xml
and primary-2.xml files.

So I can use multiple repositories for one architecture, in this case
I know that there aren't duplicated packages, one repo doesn't contain
any package which is into the other repo.

Also make sure that dod is enabled in /usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm:
our $enable_download_on_demand = 1;

Afterwards restart the scheduler.

Marcus

Francisco Javier Cuadrado