Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: Concept page for smart dispatcher/worker
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:43:21 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, 13:47:00 schrieb Jan-Simon Möller:
Hi alltogether!

On
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_Smart_Dispatcher_Worker
I started to take notes on
what goals/requirements/ideas to implement for such a feature.

Currently 2 main areas are covered:
* cross worker setup enhancements
* flexible worker assignment / flexible worker (re)setup

What other use-cases are there ?
Feel free to add your ideas and comments!

I would love to see this implemented :)

It would help us a lot to improve the rebuild time of a distribution,
because we could speed up the critical packages (like boot strap packages
and OpenOffice).

And it could be used to for some crappy packages, which rely on a specific
VM type (yes, *urgs*).

And we would avoid failures due to little memory or disk space for specific
packages ...

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH