Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Is osc source validator supposed to recognize a commented out escaped %
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 00:54:44 +0200
On 2010-10-02 22:18:18 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, is it an intended feature in the osc source validator that it picks
up "#%{xx}" as a macro? It's fine if I shouldn't submit things like this
to major repos like factory but when I'm working on a package it's a
#%{xx} pain in the neck.

Yes that's expected (IMHO). For instance consider the following
(multiline) macro:
%define foo bla \
echo "bar"

If you write in your spec file "#%foo" it still will print out "bar".
You need to escape the macro: "#%%foo".

The first time I encountered this I had commented in blender .spec about
the reason for a file which told the wrapper script which version was
installed to enable an update of $HOME/.blender, in the comment was
%{version} and changing it to %%{version} didn't work. I'd requested a
change upstream, I'm not sure yet, haven't finished blender yet, it
looks like the wrapper is no longer needed.
Btw. you can also use "osc ci --skip-validation" (which isn't
recommended).

Marcus

It will prevent headaches though and it's easier than zypper rm.
Thanks
Dave P