Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Is osc source validator supposed to recognize a commented out escaped %
On 2010-10-02 22:18:18 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, is it an intended feature in the osc source validator that it picks
up "#%{xx}" as a macro? It's fine if I shouldn't submit things like this
to major repos like factory but when I'm working on a package it's a
#%{xx} pain in the neck.
Yes that's expected (IMHO). For instance consider the following
(multiline) macro:
%define foo bla \
echo "bar"

If you write in your spec file "#%foo" it still will print out "bar".
You need to escape the macro: "#%%foo".
Btw. you can also use "osc ci --skip-validation" (which isn't
recommended).

Marcus