Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Is osc source validator supposed to recognize a commented out escaped %
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 23:27:56 +0200
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 22:18:18 +0200
From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opensuse-buildservice] Is osc source validator supposed to
recognize a commented out escaped
%
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, is it an intended feature in the osc source validator that it picks
up "#%{xx}" as a macro? It's fine if I shouldn't submit things like this
to major repos like factory but when I'm working on a package it's a
#%{xx} pain in the neck.
The source validator is a fantastic tool but that quirk which results in
the message "ERROR: source_validator failed" is going to drive me mad.
Could somebody please at least enable a switch to turn it off or make it
ignore comments.
I'm going to have to uninstall it again.
Please don't suggest that I help out and fix it, I estimate that the
source validator has already cost me a couple of days preventing me from
completing things I'm supposed to be doing.
Thanks very much.

why not make it:
#{...}

darix