Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Branching from linked projects (2.0.6)
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:36:02 +0100

On 2010-09-30, at 9:31 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 30. September 2010, 10:27:42 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 30. September 2010, 10:22:54 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 30. September 2010, 10:13:20 schrieb Anas Nashif:
Hi,
Just noticed that only project maintainers can branch from a linked
project. When trying to branch a package from a linked project I am not a
maintainer of, I get:

Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden.
no permission to execute command 'branch' for not existing package

which code base is this exactly ?

Sorry, I just see 2.0.6 ...

Can you do a "osc -H branch ..." and tell me what the error code is ?

Something like create_project_no_permission, create_package_no_permission
or create_package_no_permission

header: X-Opensuse-Errorcode: cmd_execution_no_permission

I see the bug ...

However, I would like to avoid to apply the fix in 2.0 branch, because it is
large and I would
also need to backport quite some test cases to avoid regressions.

It definitive works in 2.1 already, is it an option to wait for that for you ?

I already applied a local hack, but would prefer to backport a real solution
until we move to 2.1 since this is required for us now.

Anas

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH