Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:31:38 -0500
On 2010-09-28 12:03:58 +0200, Francisco Javier Cuadrado wrote:

Afterwards restart the scheduler.

This got my attention...

So would this let us get RPMs that are continually updated, like from
a repo such as Fedora Updates?

Absolutely not. In fact, this seriously breaks and wont work at all due to some
limitations of DoD. The repo you pull from has to be completely static. The
build service never re-downloads the repo metadata, and caches a lot of info.
Basically, some fairly substantial changes need to be done to DoD to make this
work. I think this is on the feature schedule, but people arent currently
working on it. I had one of our interns look at it last summer, but he didnt
get to it before he left because of other priority things he was working.
--
Michael