Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-buildservice (251 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.1 Beta 1 released
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:38:36 +0200
- Message-id: <201009221438.36768.adrian@xxxxxxx>
OBS 2.1 Beta 1 is available
As usual packages can be found inside of the openSUSE:Tools:Unstable
project of OBS and its repositories. The correct version tag for the packages
and inside git is 2.0.103 for this release:
Appliances can be accessed via this wiki page as usual:
Appliance users can just update the appliance image or the packages and
reboot for ugrading their instance. Others need to read the
"README.UPDATERS" file with information about manual updating the server.
There is also a new media, called obs-server-install inside of
which can be used to install an entire OBS server from scratch to hard disc.
Special thanks go to LinuxFoundation, Intel and Nokia for their contributions
to this release.
We plan to release 2.1 Final in about 2 weeks. The following is an extract of
the release notes with informations about the new features:
* web interface improvements:
- Linked projects and packages are shown if existing.
- Source Service Editor can be used to add or remove source services.
Also to edit each service parameters and to trigger a run.
- Merged sources of linked packages can be shown and the merged files can be
- New submit requests can be created.
- Existing repository configuration can be edited. Add or remove pathes or
- Additional reviews by users or groups can be added to requests. The reviews
can be processed as well in web interface.
- Displayed load diagrams can be configured to any architecture now.
- Source history and commit view has been added.
- Support Clone and supersed of existing requests. "osc rq clone" can be used
to clone packages from an existing request. When submitting these cloned
packages the original request gets superseded.
- api: Improved LDAP support updating user information from LDAP server
(This functionality has been provided by Intel)
- Read access control for package sources. New created projects or packages
can get the "<sourceaccess>" flag to hide any access to the sources of a
This includes access to the source files, source and debug packages and
(This functionality has been provided by the LinuxFoundation)
- Source services to checkout from external SCM repositories have been added.
This includes also necessary source services to compress tar balls, use
files out of them or to update the version in spec/dsc files.
- Accepted submit request store the exact merged versions to allow later
of the requests. osc and the web interface can show now the diffs of
- aggregate allows to skip source packages now.
(Functionality has been provided by Nokia).
- File provides can be mapped to packages now in prjconf
- GPG sign key can get modifed with increased expiration date
- scheduler kills building jobs when switching to blocked/excluded/disabled
- Cross Build support for MIPS architecture
(Functionality has been provided by LinuxFoundation)
* It is recommended to switch to MySQL database for the webui. Please see
README.UPDATERS for details.
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|