Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project linkage Link vs copy package query.
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:49:20 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 16. September 2010, 16:03:15 schrieb doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Hello
In the past I used to create a link from package to another and it just
created a pointer on where to find the packages.
Now the behavior has changed. It seems to bring across all the target
files across to the package you create.
That can drag across a lot of files

don't worry, we don't store them double on the server.

but this branch mechanism helps on avoiding merge errors in a number of
cases. So suggest you stay with it.

bye
adrian

An example is # cat _link

<link project="Kernel:openSUSE-11.3" package="kernel-source"
cicount="copy">
<patches>
<!-- <apply name="patch" /> apply a patch on the source directory -->
<!-- <topadd>%define build_with_feature_x 1</topadd> add a line on the
top (spec file only) -->
<!-- <add>file.patch</add> add a patch to be applied after %setup (spec
file only) -->
<!-- <delete>filename</delete> delete a file -->
</patches>
</link>

Question. How can the first method be used so you just use the _link file.
You don't have to drag all the files across
It can save a lot on the file listing when you just need to alter 4 or 5
files instead of the 90 or so files it copies across.
Cheers Glenn

SUSE Linux Products GmbH