Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc pdiff plugin
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:41:44 +0200
Hi Vicent,

me too, but had this workaround
alias oscrdiff='osc -A obs rdiff openSUSE:Factory $(cat .osc/_package)
$(cat .osc/_project) $(cat .osc/_package)'

Am 10.09.2010 17:58, schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hi,

I got tired of typing long rdiff commands for packages that are known to
be links/branches, so I wrote a pdiff (parent diff) plugin.

pdiff simply works this way:

+ look if PRJ/PKG is a link/branch, and if it is, it gets the parent
from the link/branch data.

+ if it's not a link/branch, it tries to guess what would be a good
parent. Currently, it just guesses by looking at the project name
(for home:vuntz:branches:* names).

If you call it from a project checkout or a package checkout, you can
skip some arguments (it will take the project, or the project and
package information from the checkout).

So you can just do "osc pdiff" in a checkout instead of a long rdiff
command, or something like "osc pdiff GNOME:Factory gnome-panel" to
do a diff between gnome-panel in GNOME:Factory and openSUSE:Factory.

Feedback welcome.

I'm unsure where we should ship plugins like this one. Does it make
sense to include them in osc? Or should I just create a osc-plugin-pdiff
package and submit it to openSUSE:Tools?

Vincent

--

Christian