Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can't find valid boot/<arch>/ layout failed
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:41:26 +0200
On Wednesday 08 September 2010 16:55:53 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch 08 September 2010 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Mittwoch 08 September 2010 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Mittwoch 08 September 2010 schrieb Matthias Praunegger:
Hello list!

I'm working on my project (desktop4education, http://d4e.at) and I want
to build it with the openSUSE Build Service.

My first try:

osc co openSUSE:11.3 _product:openSUSE-dvd5-dvd-i586
osc build

-> Then I got the following error message:

[I] ProductData:getVar(REPO_ONLY) is not set
Sep-08 08:25:28 <3> : Can't find valid boot/<arch>/ layout
failed [W] Creating boot methods failed, medium maybe not be bootable

I know of others that had success with exactly this, so as a first step I
would make sure you have the latest osc and build packages. I'm starting
your test case, but this will take a while before I can report
success/failure.

OK, same problem here. And I think the root cause is this:

[W] Metapackage <installation-images> not available for required i586
architecture!
[W] Metapackage <installation-images> not available for required noarch
architecture!

And it's not a tool problem, but a server one:

I was standing on my head, this is the same problem as described here:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-06/msg00153.html

It's indeed impossible to build 11.3 media ;(

As a workaround, you can copy this package, enable the build in your package
(it will
not build on server, because kiwi is only allowed on some projects) and do a
local build
afterwards.

But we will also change the mechanism to allow also local builds for server
side disabled
builds.

bye
adrian