Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc wipebinaries doesn't actually wipe the binaries?
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:05:36 -0500
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 31 August 2010 00:55:06 Jon Nelson wrote:
I issued (several times) an 'osc wipebinaries' command against a local
OBS instance.
The obs is version 2.0.5-3.3 on openSUSE 11.2

However, despite waiting a while, the binaries (.src.rpm and .rpm
files) stayed where they were. They did not get wiped. No errors in
the logs.

Is this a user expectation error or something else?

Is the scheduler accting on the event ?
Any errors in the scheduler log ?

This morning and everything seems normal again.

I no longer believe the issue is the build-compare script (I, too,
reviewed the source of build-compare and couldn't see why it would or
wouldn't work, but at the time I had no better explanation). It seems
as though I actually run into the core issue frequently - the
publisher doesn't seem to kick off when I expect it to -- but it
*eventually* gets around to publishing things. Has the behavior
changed since the 1.6/1.7 series in considerable ways? I just don't
understand always why I see an idle OBS instance with built packages
that haven't been published yet.

--
Jon