[opensuse-buildservice] Error with buildservice twhen building patched Nautilus
  • From: Valerio Mariani <valerio.mariani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:32:42 +0200
Dear All,

I have been trying to build a version on Nautilus-Elementary for
OpenSuse, starting fromt he Mandriva packages available here:

http://suse-art.org/content/show.php/Nautilus-Elementary+Mandriva+RPM?content=128727

Basically, I took the normal spec file of the SuSe nautilus package
and added the lementary patch from the Mdv rpm (with almost no
modifications). The resulting rpm builds and works perfectly on my
system. However, when I tried to build the packages with the build
service I get this error:

E: nautilus 64bit-portability-issue nautilus-mime-actions.c:1480
SysRq : Power Off
Power down.

Now, my programming skills re not bad, but not so advanced. The
problem lies in this function:

void launch_gnome_app_install_mimetype(GdkScreen *screen,
NautilusFile *file,
char *uri) {
char *qmimetype, *quri, *qduri, *command;
if (!screen)
screen =
gdk_display_get_default_screen(gdk_display_get_default ());

qmimetype = g_shell_quote (nautilus_file_info_get_mime_type (file));
quri = g_shell_quote (uri);
command = g_strconcat("gnome-app-install --mime-type=",
qmimetype, " ", quri,
(char*)0 /* NB NULL is wrong */);
g_free (qmimetype);
g_free (quri);
g_free (qduri);

//eel_gnome_shell_execute_on_screen (command, screen);
gdk_spawn_command_line_on_screen (screen, command, NULL);
g_free (command);
}

This line is causing the error:

qmimetype = g_shell_quote (nautilus_file_info_get_mime_type (file));

Can someone please help me to debug it? Or at least explain to me the
nature of the error? My goal is to create an OBS repo for the
elementary stuff, and this is one of the last packages that I must
build.

BTW would there really be an interest in such a repository? I am doing
it mainly for myself but I would feel encouraged if others are
interested.

Thanks in advance

Valerio