Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mandriva versions
  • From: Oliver Burger <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:33:13 +0200
okay, I have briefly checked contrib and non-free and they contain stuff
which is on our blacklist (due to license problems, patent problems and
copyright issues).

Hmm, contrib and main are similar, the only difference is level of
support from Mandriva.
I thought so as well.
Not having non-free is o.k., there are hardly any things we need to build
against in it. Just some kernel modules and some proprietary software, no
libs.
Not having contrib makes obs unusable for building a lot of packages.
And: as well as main, contrib does not contain any non-OSS packages, so I
don't know, where you do find license problems.

Oliver

PS.: Hi Fred, nice to read you again

--
MandrivaUser.de - die deutsche Mandriva-Community

Oliver Burger
MandrivaUser.de - RPM-Team
Mandriva - German i18n group