Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mandriva versions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:30:45 +0200
On Thursday 26 August 2010 18:32:17 Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2010/8/26 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
The second thing I wonder is which branches of the Mandriva repos are
included? All three? main, contrib and non-free? Or just main?

Just main.

So far no one asked for more and the others may need more legal
investigation,
if we are allowed to import them.

As a matter of fact, some people asked for more:
- http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2008-02/msg00214.html
- http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-04/msg00241.html

...and I'm pretty sure there have been some more over the last two years.

okay, I have briefly checked contrib and non-free and they contain stuff
which is on our blacklist (due to license problems, patent problems and
copyright issues).

So, sorry, I don't see a way here. And I don't want to spend too much time
on checking each single package.

If there are some common needed packages it would maybe better to build them
based on a
common base. So they would also be available for SUSE, Fedora and friends.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH