[opensuse-buildservice] For OBS Service setup with mutiple hosts
  • From: "Hou, Jingdu" <jingdu.hou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:30:48 +0800
Hi,

I am strongly confused recently!

I firstly setup a OBS Server with API server, web, SRC server, mySQL, 18
workers etc. in a host (OS is Opensuse 11.3), I can completed a full build
about 9 hours.
Then I want to add more workers to increase the performance, I setup one more
host, configure 18 workers (changed the configure file
/etc/sysconfig/obs-workers) to make sure they can work for the same
API(totally 36 workers now). But I can completed a full build about 15 hours
now.

The question is that why when I double the workers, I need more time to
complete a full build? It makes me crazy.

Any comments, suggestion or documents on this?

Appreciate if anyone can response!

Thanks,
Jingdu