Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs branching question
  • From: Christian Daudt <csd_b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:15:56 -0700
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 25 August 2010 23:06:48 Christian Daudt wrote:
Hi,
 I just recently started using branches in obs, and to my surprise
when the parent branch (the source proj:pkg used in osc branch
command) gets an update, that is immediately pushes to the branches.
This branching is not like the others :-( - i.e. unlike any version
control in which the origin->child merge is done on demand, not
auto-initiated.

Yes, but any other SCM system does not deal with automatic binary building
either. So we do this by default to always see if the current state is
buildable
or has conflicting sources.

agreed - it just caught me by surprise. Particularly after I had
created a bunch of branches during my testing and when I committed one
change to the parent the obs load went way up unexpectedly

Thanks,
Christian.

bye
adrian