Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs branching question
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:54:39 +0200
On Wednesday 25 August 2010 23:06:48 Christian Daudt wrote:
Hi,
I just recently started using branches in obs, and to my surprise
when the parent branch (the source proj:pkg used in osc branch
command) gets an update, that is immediately pushes to the branches.
This branching is not like the others :-( - i.e. unlike any version
control in which the origin->child merge is done on demand, not
auto-initiated.

Yes, but any other SCM system does not deal with automatic binary building
either. So we do this by default to always see if the current state is buildable
or has conflicting sources.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH