Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS and the competition
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:17:36 +0200
On Friday 13 August 2010 20:24:33 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I'd like to look a little bit out of the box and would like your help ;)

What other software is available that can be compared with the openSUSE
Build Service?

I'm aware of Project Builder, Fedora Koji, Ubuntu Launchpad (Soyuz
extended by groundcontrol).

Which ones would you compare it with and how do they compare with OBS?

Which features do you consider unique to OBS? My top three are:
* Building for multiple distributions
* Automatic rebuilding on dependency change
* Open System – nice integration with IDEs, Forges and tools

thanks for any comments,
Andreas

I've started a page with some information, could you help adding more stuff,
please?

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_comparison

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany