Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS: set release number of package?
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:10:26 -0500
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 17 August 2010 17:49:10 Jon Nelson wrote:
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

it is correct. But if the release number in the spec file is higher than
CI_CNT, CI_CNT
will get increased to its value.

A question, then. I assume that the "check-in count" is stored somewhere.
Let's say the value is 3 (and the 'Release' value in the specfile is 1).
So then I make a change, and set the 'Release' value in the specfile to 10.
Does that also change the 'check-in count' to 10, such that if I make
yet another change to the specfile where I set it to, say, 5, that the
'check-in count' would then be 11?

Yep, that is the behaviour

I just tested this and, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but, it didn't work.
I set the Release to 10 (in the specfile), and the newly-produced rpm
had a release of 3.3. :-(

--
Jon