Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Finding packages built for openSUSE and Ubuntu
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:16:53 +0200
On Wednesday 11 August 2010 18:33:55 R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
Howdy folks, I am working on a post about OBS and I can't for the life of me
find any examples of applications that are being built with OBS for multiple
platforms (like openSUSE and Ubuntu).

most simple examples are the packages for "osc" and "build", you can find them
in openSUSE:Tools

Lubos created some examples for KDE applications here

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Allunak%3Akde

he also blogged about that and created a tool for autopackage these.

Either I'm not guessing the right packages, or the web search on
software.opensuse.org isn't properly finding them :)

What are some good "highlights" packages that are built for multiple platforms
with OBS I can shine the spotlight on? It seems even our beloved Banshee and
F-Spot aren't built for Ubuntu with it :-/

Please check

http://old-en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/cross_distribution_package_how_to

for more documentation hints.

bye