Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking two (private) OBS servers at different sites.
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:23:38 -0400
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 20:07, Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a guide anywhere that talks about how to link two different OBS
servers, so that when a project/package that is on one server can be linked to
on another server (separated by distance and low-bandwidth; so it makes sense
to send source code instead of keeping the package mirror constantly
updating).

I've seen the example where (openSUSE 11.3's obs packages) have
/srv/obs/packages has openSUSE.org.xml.

I've tried modifying that example, and set it to point between the two
servers, and had some success; I've linked some packages and when the package
on one system is updated, the changes transfer to the other.  I can copypac,
linkpac, aggregate pac, for the most part.

However, if I look in /srv/obs/log/scheduler_arch.log, I see the following
repeated endlessly:

2010-08-09 19:02:13: waiting for an event...
retrying watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
setting up watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
2010-08-09 19:03:16: waiting for an event...
response from watcher for http://obsapi.foo.bar.com/public
400 remote error: Bad Request
retrying in 60 seconds

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

You need to enable anonymous access.
Otherwise, the API will reject everything w/o an auth.

--
later, Robert Xu