Re: [opensuse-buildservice] comps.xml
  • From: Iain Arnell <iarnell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:14:56 +0200
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 00:39, Iain Arnell <iarnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 01:36, Iain Arnell <iarnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No - it reads the regular buildservice pattern metadata (osc meta -e
pattern <project> <pattern>) and simply converts to comps format when
publishing the repo. A single project can generate suse-style
patterns.xml and ymp files for suse repos and redhat-style groups.xml
for redhat/fedora repos using the same metadata.

Thanks for the info!

So I tried it, and afterwards I inspected the comps file, only to find
it blank. Any help?

Can you post the output from "osc meta pattern <project> <pattern>"

This is a test pattern I made; A ymp and patterns was generated, but
the comps was blank.

http://pastie.org/1073785

Aha. That's what I get for still running 1.7 in production with a
backported patch. Fix will be coming shortly.

--
Iain.