Re: [opensuse-buildservice] issue with BS from scratch
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:44:44 +0200
On Friday 23 July 2010, 15:57:10 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Friday 23 July 2010, 14:49:31 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Friday 23 July 2010 11:12:20 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
nothing provides obs-common, nothing provides rubygem-rails-2_3 >=
2.3.5, nothing provides rubygem-rmagick, nothing provides build >=
2009.05.04, nothing provides perl-BSSolv

How do I trick my BS to really use the openSUSE.org packages without
adding each of them manually?

These are available in the repository of openSUSE:Tools project. I
would add this repo and zypper in should work without problems.

Of course they are. The matter is, that BS should pick them up in order
to build the package in question.

Hmm, no answer.

Let me rephrase my question: is it possible to resolve package dependencies
of a given package somewhat automatically in a local BS incarnation?

Say, if you want to rebuild the openSUSE:/Tools/obs-server package in a
local BS: it depends on several packages from the same repo. Am I really
need to copy or link all packages one by one in order to get the rebuild
started?

Pete

PS: Meanwhile I've followed
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Appliance to setup the BS
based on the kiwi images and kvm, only to harvest the exact same issue...