Re: [opensuse-buildservice] issue with BS from scratch
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:49:31 +0200
On Friday 23 July 2010 11:12:20 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Friday 23 July 2010, 08:24:23 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 22 July 2010 23:06:13 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

Please find a respective documentation fix attached.

Thanks, I have imported most parts of it.

Nice, even better but you missed one ;-) See below..

two actually, fixed. thanks.

Also, the hint to run OBS as an appliance is interesting, but unfortunately
not written yet.

it is written. Just the wiki got dropped :/

linked is fixed now.

You need to use

openSUSE.org:openSUSE:11.1

when specifing the repository. openSUSE.org is the local project which
provides all content from the remote instance.

Understood. Now I have successfully added a project and a package in my bs.

Proceeding to the distribute step:

$ cd ~/VCS/GIT/build-service/dist
$ OSCOPT="-A http://localhost:81"; ./distribute
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Error getting meta for project 'openSUSE:Tools:Devel' package 'obs-all-svn'
Unknown project 'openSUSE:Tools:Devel'

Hmm, even adding the missing prj/pkg the same way as done above keeps this
error state. Given, that development is done in git, the svn references
doesn't spread confidence, either.

Nevertheless, from this point, I'm able to add some source to the project in
familiar ways, e.g. I've checked out openSUSE:Tools/obs-server from my OBS,
copied the files from the official openSUSE:Tools/obs-server BS package,
which leads to the error condition below:

nothing provides obs-common, nothing provides rubygem-rails-2_3 >= 2.3.5,
nothing provides rubygem-rmagick, nothing provides build >= 2009.05.04,
nothing provides perl-BSSolv

How do I trick my BS to really use the openSUSE.org packages without adding
each of them manually?

These are available in the repository of openSUSE:Tools project. I would add
this repo
and zypper in should work without problems.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH