Re: [opensuse-buildservice] nvidia kmp packes - license question
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:45:53 +0200
2010/7/17 Marcel Ritter <Marcel.Ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 Hi,

I just installed openSUSE 11.3 on my machines around,
and as there are no nvidia driver repositories available at
this time I build my own nvidia kmp / driver RPMs.

I guess there are some other folks out there who're missing
those drivers, and maybe it'd be nice to put them into OBS.
(Not just because they're missing for openSUSE 11.3 right
now: in the past we regularly had to build them ourselves for
new hardware that wasn't supported by the official nvidia
repository).

However I'm not sure whether there are legal aspects to be
considered before doing so.

Maybe someone can comment on this?

The driver is packaged in the X11:Drivers:Video project. If it's going
to be distributed in the OBS what should be done is enable the build
there... and it's disabled.