[opensuse-buildservice] Automatic repomd.xml and primary.xml downloading
  • From: Patrick Dignan <pat_dignan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:43:12 -0500
Hi all,

I'm an intern helping Michael Brown out on some OBS related stuff, and I
wanted to get the lists opinion on a feature I'm implementing that
allows downloading of repomd.XML and primary.XML files automatically as
needed. I've set up a concept page on the Wiki [1] for it, and there's
some information there on the implementation.

Essentially, what I'm planning to do is have bs_sched notify
bs_repserver when it realizes the files are missing. When bs_repserver
is notified, it will go out and download the files as appropriate.
Finally, once the files are done downloading, bs_repserver will send a
"scanrepo" event to bs_sched to re-scan the repository.

It would be nice to hear some feedback on what everyone thinks.

-Pat Dignan

[1] -
http://wiki.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_Repomd_Download