Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:58:53 +0200
Hello,

- and the most important one: is this group big enough to make openSUSE
ARM happen?

From my experiences I can say, one really addicted person can do such a port.
(As seen with former ARM and SPARC port, HPPA and Mips. And sparc is
currently also approached by
one person only).

Just start on digging in the code, find out what is not working and try to
get it working.

In case you have built a binary rpm stack locally, which needs a manual
binary import,
just drop me a note.

Well, I'm not *that* addicted :-) Especially because for that level of
work I'd need to learn C, understand ARM at a lower level, etc. But once
the base system / compile infrastructure is there, I can work on package
fixing and testing.
Bye,
CzP