Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:28:33 +0200
Hello,

On Sunday 04 July 2010 05:33:19 Stephan Kleine wrote:

On Friday July 2 2010 16:05:31 Jan-Simon Möller wrote:

I reactivated:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=Ports%3AARM%3ABase%3Ab
ui ld

We might need to adapt the prjconf - let see.

Best,
Jan-Simon

Apparently we need someone to fix the glibc build for ARM. I'm sorry, but
while I would be happy to fix some stuff, this is way above my level.

Please be so kind to poke someone with the necessary knowledge so we get a
working bootstrap to work on from there (if you know said someone).

regards,
Stephan

Thats nothing about glibc but just a packaging/file/transition bug.

I disabled useforbuild now in Ports:ARM:Base:build. When done, we to remove
the aggregate and copy the new build results over. Thats for Adrian then with
his super-admin powers ;).

I'm back and trying to summary the past weeks evens and posts:
- dl9pf already started to update the base system and compilers and
could mentor the project
- some people questioned the current compilation method -- as it works
for MeeGo and Linaro, I think it should also work for us :-)
- we need a distro manager -- if it really does not need C knowledge, as
dl9pf says, then I can probably take it (I'm just in the middle of many
changes, but most likely I'll have some time).
- we need developers -- some people already volunteered here and also on
openfate ( https://features.opensuse.org/310070 )
- we need hardware to test on -- I have two different ARM hw (EFIKA MX &
Sheeva) and others have Beagle Board.

My questions are:
- what is the status of the base system?
- and the most important one: is this group big enough to make openSUSE
ARM happen?

If we have a positive answer for this last question, we can go on to the
next questions:
- goals: armv5el and/or armv7el (or any other variants), working
installer vs. images, etc.
- defining a workflow

Bye,
CzP