Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project configs and macros
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:29:58 -0500
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 11, 2010, at 11:10, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sunday 2010-07-11 01:09, Jon Nelson wrote:

Macros:

%define fooversion 25
fooversion 25

Because it's supposed to be

%fooversion 25

and that only.

OK. I was patterning things after what I found here:

osc meta prjconf CentOS:CentOS-5

although I got it partly wrong (I had the %define line after Macros:).

The output from that command has the following (pasted exactly, minus
the '=' lines):

======

Substitute: popt-devel popt

%define centos_version 501

Macros:
%opensuse_bs 1
%centos_version 501
%_vendor redhat

======

According to the docs, the "%define centos_version 501" line is usable
*only* in the project config, and the macros defined after the
"Macros:" line are usable in spec files as though they appeared in
.rpmmacros.

Is that correct?

OK, but what about my other questions. Are they stacked or appended
somehow?

Let's say I have FooDistro-1.0 and FooDistro-2.0 (these are for
sources only, no packages get built).
Let's say I have stuff:apple and stuff:banana.  stuff:apple has build
repos for both FooDistro versions.
stuff:banana only makes use of stuff:apple.

In both FooDistro project configs, following "Macros:", I have:

%foodistro_version 10
%define foodistro_version 10

No no no. Take out the %define foodistro_version 10

(or 20 for version 2.0).

Then %foodistro_version 20? That overrides the foodistro_version 10.

There are *two* projects, one that is version 1.0 and one that is version 2.0.
Version 1.0 uses 10 and version 2.0 uses 20, patterned after what I've
seen in the suse_version (and other) macros.

See the opensuse wiki for more info.
Should be in the Category:Build Service under prjconf.

That's what I started with, but the docs were unclear to me, which is
why I asked.

--
Jon