Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project configs and macros
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:31:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday 2010-07-11 17:10, Jon Nelson wrote:

Macros:

%define fooversion 25
fooversion 25

Because it's supposed to be
%fooversion 25
and that only.

OK, but what about my other questions. Are they stacked or appended somehow?

Stacked as expected.

Let's say I have FooDistro-1.0 and FooDistro-2.0 (these are for
sources only, no packages get built).
Let's say I have stuff:apple and stuff:banana. stuff:apple has build
repos for both FooDistro versions.
stuff:banana only makes use of stuff:apple.
Then, in stuff:apple I want to make use of that:

%if 0%{?foodistro_version} == 10
Substitute: packageA packageB
%endif

%if 0%{?foodistro_version} == 20
Substitute: packageB packageA
%endif

because in 2.0 I want to use packageA whenever it or packageB are
specified, and vice versa in version 1.0.

But that didn't seem to work.

So, how exactly are project configs combined with build repository
configs and so on?

Should be linearly.