Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project configs and macros
On Jul 11, 2010, at 11:10, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sunday 2010-07-11 01:09, Jon Nelson wrote:

Macros:

%define fooversion 25
fooversion 25

Because it's supposed to be

%fooversion 25

and that only.

OK, but what about my other questions. Are they stacked or appended
somehow?

Let's say I have FooDistro-1.0 and FooDistro-2.0 (these are for
sources only, no packages get built).
Let's say I have stuff:apple and stuff:banana. stuff:apple has build
repos for both FooDistro versions.
stuff:banana only makes use of stuff:apple.

In both FooDistro project configs, following "Macros:", I have:

%foodistro_version 10
%define foodistro_version 10

No no no. Take out the %define foodistro_version 10

(or 20 for version 2.0).

Then %foodistro_version 20? That overrides the foodistro_version 10.

Then, in stuff:apple I want to make use of that:

%if 0%{?foodistro_version} == 10
Substitute: packageA packageB
%endif

%if 0%{?foodistro_version} == 20
Substitute: packageB packageA
%endif

because in 2.0 I want to use packageA whenever it or packageB are
specified, and vice versa in version 1.0.

But that didn't seem to work.

So, how exactly are project configs combined with build repository
configs and so on?

See the opensuse wiki for more info.
Should be in the Category:Build Service under prjconf.

--
Jon