Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpm listing of http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ once a day
  • From: <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:00:54 +0000
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:13:00 +0200, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 12:57:09PM +0000, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:17:03 -0400, Peter Bowen <pzb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 12:08 +0000, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I forgot to mention its for all repositories under the home:/
location
not
just for one repository and get a listing of all rpms produced
under
this
location and under that . Can it be done ?

What is the problem you are trying to solve? I suspect there is
already
a solution if we know the real problem.

Thanks,
Peter

Q: What is the problem you are trying to solve? I suspect there is
already a solution if we know the real problem.

A: Just trying to get a listing of all .rpm's in the home:/ and under
that location.

Under all of home:/ ??? ok...

You should get the index from the ftp server and grep through it.

$ wget ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/find.gz (112 MB)
$ zgrep "opensuse.repositories.home:.*\.rpm" find.gz

This gives me 371806 files (RPMs) today.

Ciao, Marcus
$ zgrep "opensuse.repositories.home:.*\.rpm" find.gz

I did the following
$ zgrep "opensuse.repositories.home:.*\.rpm" find.gz > rpmlisting.txt

The rpmlisting file was only 50% in size to the original.

But wait, their's another question.

Question: Is there a find.gz that covers all the files in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/ if so , where is it found ?
Thanks Glenn