Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 06:54:41 +0200

It just needs someone who starts and try to get the base system building
in first step.

I have just checked the two base arm projects, where Martin and Jan-Simon
worked on:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Base%3Abuild%3Aarm
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Base%3Abuild%3Aarm%3Across
These are obsolete.

So we can remove them ?

They are almost disabled, so I dunno what the current state is.
I moved all to Ports:ARM:11.2:*

Ports:ARM:11.2:Base:build - Base:build clone of 11.2 - no cross-compile
Ports:ARM:11.2:Base:build:cross - cross-compile add-on on-top of that
Ports:ARM:11.2 - subset of factory on top of :cross .

1100+ package were already building/done for 11.2 .

Status of Factory: unknown, we'd need to rebootstrap and should also change
the layout of the cross-compiler packages.

Okay, I have established Ports:ARM:Factory as project linked project to
openSUSE:Factory,
currently building against your 11.2 repo.

Let's see where we are ...

Martin, Jan-Simon: Does it make sense to enable them again to know where we
are ? Or should be restarted from scratch with current code from Base
project ?

"Turn-key" (at least to some extend) is Ports:ARM:11.2 so ppl can start with
something now.

Factory would mean doing this for 11.3+1 fresh/clean.

I am willing to help here with guidance (help in project setup, keep a look
on the project to find out what next could be done). But I will not fix
packages ;)

I can take care of the cross-compilers with some help of our gcc guys.
I can't go trough all packages again as for 11.2 - so we need helping hands
here.

k, let's see if we get a critical mass :)

I will keep an eye on the project as well and can help with guidance, I hope.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH