Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Requires(pre): problem
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:32:18 +0200
On 2010-07-01 08:09:23 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Wednesday 30 June 2010 23:21:06 John Beranek wrote:
This evening I created a new package "nagios" in
home:johnberanek:nagios3. This was an import of a package from EPEL6.

As received from EPEL6 it builds happily on a CentOS 5 machine, but in
OBS with RHEL5/CentOS5 build target it fails with "unresolvable: nothing
provides user(nagios), group(nagios)".

The package spec has:

Requires: user(nagios)
Requires(pre): user(nagios)
Requires: group(nagios)
Requires(pre): group(nagios)

Provides: user(nagios)
Provides: group(nagios)

On the advice of darix/coolo I solved the problem with a bootstrap
procedure of commenting out the Requires(pre) lines, and this allows the
build to complete. At this point I should be possible to put the
Requires(pre) lines back.

However, that bootstrap hack is hardly obvious/"nice" behaviour for OBS. ;)

Right, that's all for now.

Can you explain why you need to state that your package needs itself ?

What else should OBS do in this case ?

the obs should use the provides in the same spec file to fullfil the
requires, because thats what rpm does aswell.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you