[opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:48:47 +0200
Hi all,

I today asked $topic during the project meeting and it was suggested to
discuss this on this list.

So, question is, can we get ARM builds for 11.3+1 and what is currently
missing to get this done.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but iirc ARM can already get build on OBS but
it needs cross compilation which seriously slows things down. OTOH the Meego
folks use it happily for their purposes which includes ARM.

So, from the top of my head:

1. am I correct that OBS is already able to build for ARM but it is slow due
to cross compilation being needed?
2. What is possible to speed that up - e.g. how do the Meego folks do this?
3. Weren't it an option to exclude "big" packages (e.g. OpenOffice stack) and
just build those once in a while - e.g. for milestones?
4. What other problems do you see with creating openSUSE builds for ARM that I
forgot to mention here?

regards,
Stephan