Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal for renaming 'build'
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:22:46 +0200
On Wednesday 09 June 2010 13:26:02 Fathi Boudra wrote:
Hi list,

I intend to package 'build' for Debian distribution (and it will be
probably picked up by derivatives).
At the moment, Debian ship osc package but it lacks build command.

'build' name is too generic. Is it possible to rename 'build' to
something less generic ?
Below, you can find some proposal:
- opensuse-build
- obs-build
- osc-build

This changes implies a renaming at all places as the code checks for 'build'.

I like this proposal, esp because we could switch to a different version number
scheme as well then. This is needed, because we have now a stable branch for
the first
time for the OBS 2.0 build service.

osc-build is not a good idea, because the script is used on server and client
side.

So maybe "obs-build" and let it follow the OBS release numbers ?

mls, ro, lnussel, what are your opinions here ?

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH