Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Distro-specific Debian files
  • From: Stephan Kleine <bitdealer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 02:08:46 +0200
On Monday June 7 2010 21:54:03 Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Rob Hasselbaum <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all. I'd like to use a different Debian changelog (and possibly a
different control file) per OBS distribution repository. For example,
I want one set for xUbuntu_10.04 and a different set for xUbuntu_9.10.
I know that for RPM-based distros, I can have a different SPEC file
per repository by following the "myproject-1.0.0-{repository}.spec"
naming convention (e.g. "myproject-1.0.0-openSUSE_11.2.spec"), but the
same trick doesn't seem to work for Debian files. Any advice? Thanks.

Any thoughts on this? It looks like the maintainer of KDevelop3 has
achieved what I'm trying to do by creating tarballs containing
distro-specific Debian files. See
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=KDevelop3&project=home%3Aa
milcarlucas. But when I try to do the same thing, I get an error at build
time: "package contains more than one tar file".

Thanks for all the work on OBS. It's a great resource.

As you can see the maintainer of the kdevelop stuff uses distro & version
specifc .dscs & controls which work cause of the way they are named.

If you aren't able to reproduce it with your stuff please provide the
repository and name of your package instead of some "it isn't working" ;P