Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-buildservice (344 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.0 Beta 1 released
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:10:30 +0200
- Message-id: <201005251910.30387.adrian@xxxxxxx>
We, the openSUSE Build Service development team are happy to declare
OBS 2.0 feature complete.
OBS 2.0 Beta 1 can be downloaded as usual from openSUSE:Tools:Unstable
2.0 Beta 1 packages are marked as version 1.9.90. The same is true for
the OBS Appliance, which can be used to evaluate OBS or to run it in
a productive enviroment. Please find the OBS appliance here as usual:
The next beta will be release on friday this week, the final release is
estimated on 10th June.
Please find details about this release from the Release Notes.
Updaters should also read the README.UPDATERS file.
Extract from the release notes (consider them also as Beta for now ;)
* read access control feature enhancements of MeeGo branch (1.8 in git)
are not included with this release.
Do *NOT* update from 1.8 to this release.
We will merge these branches in a later release.
* API calls which got deprecated with 1.0 release got removed:
/platform (use /build or /search/repository_id instead)
/repository (use /build or /search/repository_id instead)
/project (use /source instead)
/package (use /source instead)
* Revised webui, new layout with more funcationality.
* Anonymous access mode for webui
=> to be configured in api config/options.yml
* Improved permission system:
- User group support for roles and requests
* Improved request system:
- Review mechanism
- New "reviewer" role to set default reviewers for a package or project.
These can be users or groups.
- New requests types for
- set bugowner
- add role
* Project link mechanism
* Build job strategies got configurable
* New fair build job dispatcher is distribution the jobs based on importance
and former used build times now.
* Build cycle dependencies are accessable via api and webui now.
* History for meta files like _meta and _prjconf
* Project/Package undelete feature
* Source service are stabelized
- default services for downloading files and to verify them are available.
* Lots of smaller improvements and bugfixes
* xml files are validated by the api
* "expansion error" state got renamed to "unresolved".
* New "signing" state.
* For cross architecture compiling support:
CBpreinstall and CBinstall prjconf directives added.
- CBPreinstall: add to preinstall section if emulator_arch
- CBinstall: add to install section if emulator_arch
- as with VMinstall, there's no dependency resolution.
Add all needed dependencies manually.
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
|< Previous||Next >|