Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Are these defects of request status?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:30:52 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2010, 09:42:48 schrieb brook.hong@xxxxxxxxx:
Yes, as to the first question, thank you for pointing out that. Admin has
super rights.

For the second question, a personal branch has got deleted even in name of a
normal user to submit into a devel project.

After debug, I found that because each new request gets a sourceupdate option
as 'cleanup', for example /srv/obs/requests/37
<request id="37">
<action type="submit">
<source project="home:brookhong:branches:hello_test"
package="hello_people" rev="1" />
<target project="hello_test" package="hello_people" />
<options>
<sourceupdate>cleanup</sourceupdate>
</options>
</action>
<state name="new" who="brookhong" when="2010-05-13T15:15:22" />
<description>dummy submit</description>
</request>

If the option was changed to 'noupdate', the personal branch (ie. The source)
won't be deleted.

I looked through the code, and found the root cause here.

/srv/www/obs/api/app/controllers/request_controller.rb:103
92 if action.data.attributes["type"] == "submit"
93 sourceupdate = nil
94 if action.has_element? 'options' and
action.options.has_element? 'sourceupdate'
95 sourceupdate = action.options.sourceupdate.text
96 end
97 # cleanup implicit home branches, should be done in client with
2.0

yep, that was done to have an effect for this behaviour without introducing
some incompatible for current clients.

But good point, this should be cleaned up now. Unfortunatly I just needed to
learn that osc is not defaulting on that anymore
for the standard branch (like it was implemented back than).
So I currently wonder, if I can really remove this code path for 2.0 as
planned. I fear too many temporary branches would stick like before.

However, this should still only happen if the request gets accepted and not on
decline or revoke as you wrote in
your former mail.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH