Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: new repository scheduling options
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:00:49 +0200
On 29.4.2010 10:58, Michal Marek wrote:
On 28.4.2010 15:10, Adrian Schröter wrote:
<define ns="" name="rebuild-modes">
<choice>
<value>transitive</value> <!-- DEFAULT: build on source change and all
depending packages including indirect dependencies -->
<value>direct</value> <!-- build on source change and direct
depending packages -->
<value>local</value> <!-- build on source change only -->
</choice>
</define>

Does 'direct' mean "rebuild, if the other package is mentioned in
BuildRequires:", "rebuild, if the other package is needed for building",
or "rebuild, if the other package is from the same repository"? My use
case would be Kernel:HEAD with kernel-$flavor-devel, kernel-devel,
kernel-syms and some KMPs for testing. The dependencies look like:

foo-kmp BuildRequires: kernel-syms module-init-tools
kernel-syms Requires: kernel-devel, kernel-{default,pae,xen}-devel

I would like foo-kmp to block until all the kernel-* dependencies are
built (block="local"), and I would like to rebuild it iff these kernel-*
packages changes. This means not to rebuild if module-init-tools in
openSUSE:Factory changes, but rebuild if kernel-default-devel changes,
even though it is not directly mentioned in BuildRequires:. Is
rebuild="direct" going to provide this? If not, is it possible to have
such mode (analogous to rebuild="local" below)?
block="local" of course

I expect that similar project, e.g. zypp:Head, Yast:Head, would be also
interested in such mode (do "correct" rebuilds within the project, but
do not trigger on rebuilds in Factory).

<define ns="" name="block-modes">
<choice>
<value>all</value> <!-- DEFAULT: block until all packages we
depend on are built -->
<value>local</value> <!-- like all, but ignore packages from other
repositories -->
<value>never</value> <!-- immediately start building the packages
-->
</choice>
</define>

<define ns="" name="linkedbuild-modes">
<choice>
<value>off</value> <!-- DEFAULT: do not build packages from
project links -->
<value>localdep</value> <!-- only build project linked packages if
they depend on a local package -->
<value>all</value> <!-- treat packages from project links like
local packages -->
</choice>
</define>

does this make sense ? What better names are thinkable ?

I think it's going to be huge step forward!

Michal